Following the recent Government announcements, we are very pleased to be able to provide a further update regarding the use of shared facilities and the latest Test and Protect requirements.
Based on the latest Government guidance there are no longer travel restrictions between England, Wales and Scotland, however, the safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and local communities is extremely importance to us.
We will be asking all guests staying at Cruachan Farm to wear face coverings (unless exempt) when using the toilet blocks, disabled facilities, laundry, food preparation and dishwashing facilities, and we would ask that social distancing and hand sanitization is adhered to at all times.
We’d like to remind you that we are currently not able to allow visitors on-site to meet with other guests to help keep our guests and staff safe at this time.
Please note that we will strive to keep this page as up to date as possible, but as this is a complex and ever-changing situation, please always check the relevant Government websites for the very latest information.
We appreciate your patience and understanding and we will continue to review our the guidelines in line with Government advice as it is announced.
We're committed to keeping you safe!
In line with the latest government advice around Covid-19, we’ve changed some of the procedures on the campsites to ensure we keep guests and staff safe and well whilst visiting the Site.
Whilst some of our processes and procedures may be unfamiliar and some elements may take slightly longer than usual due to COVID Secure protocols, rest assured our usual high standards of friendliness and cleanliness will ensure you can continue to enjoy your stay with us.
How we're keeping you safe!
We’re operating contactless and cashless systems wherever possible to help keep you safe during arrival, pitching up and depa.rture.
Our pitches are set up for social distancing and we are operating reduced capacity controls within our communal on-site facilities.
We’ve increased the rigour and frequency of our cleaning and sanitising procedures, and enhanced the regularity of disinfecting surfaces across all common areas.
About your stay!
Your arrival and departure
As well as payments over the telephone, we are able to take contactless payments on arrival or departure wherever possible.
- Upon arrival, a member of the site staff will advise you of pitching options.
- The vast majority of our pitches are far enough apart, so are perfectly set up for social distancing.
- Just a little reminder that unfortunately we are not currently allowing visitors on-site to meet with other guests, this is to help keep members and staff safe at this time.
- When you depart, please leave any keys in your unit and we will ensure they are cleaned and sanitised appropriately for our next guests arrival.
Test and Protect:
- Scotland:All our campsites will display a Check In Scotland Test and Protect QR code poster which we strongly encourage you to scan on arrival at the campsite for all party members. Alternatively, we will use your booking details should Scotland Test and Protect Team contact us (you can opt out of this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information on the Test and Trace requirements please see our Coronavirus FAQs.
- Scottish Islands:The Scottish Government requests that all travellers to the Scottish Islands who do not have COVID-19 symptoms take a lateral flow test three days before travelling to the Islands and a further lateral flow test on your planned departure date to the Islands. If you test positive, you should complete your period of self-isolation before you begin your journey. For more information on this and ordering a lateral flow test click here.
Using our on-site facilities
Following the latest government advice, from Monday 17 May all our shared facilities (including showers) at the Site will be open and operating in line with government guidance and at reduced capacity.
Our Covid-19 secure protocols mean we can open our shared facilities with carefully managed social distancing measures in place to minimise household mixing. However, we would still strongly recommend the use of your own facilities wherever possible, if you are able to do so, as this will greatly reduce the risk of transmission.
If you do need to use our facilities, please follow the procedures we have put in place with regard to social distancing measures.
On arrival you will be provided with a key fob, if using our facilities please hang the fob on the hooks outside.
- Please collect your sanitised fob from Reception on arrival
- Place the fob on the hook outside to indicate the facilities are in use
- When you leave, simply return the fob to the Reception where it will be sanitised again ready for our next Guest
We appreciate these measures mean that you may experience extended wait times or may not be able to access our facilities at your preferred times. Our site staff will be on hand to help and support you if you have any concerns or questions. We would like to thank you for your understanding and patience in supporting the delivery of our Covid-19 Secure Commitment.
We will be asking all guests staying at the Site to wear face coverings (unless exempt) when using the toilet blocks, disabled facilities, laundry and dishwashing facilities.
Using our on-site social areas
Our on-site social areas will operate in line with Government guidelines.
- Playgrounds – Our playground on the Site will be open with Covid-19 secure protocols. Parents or guardians will be responsible for ensuring that social distancing protocols in particular are followed for the safety of all. We also recommend that children and adults wash or sanitise their hands both before and after playing on the equipment.
- Restaurant – This is subject to Government guidance. We are provisionally planning to reopen the restaurants the weekend commencing 28th May 2021, We are hoping to provide a takeaway service so please ask at Reception for details.
- Should a morning paper be required please advise Reception by 6pm the day before and this can be picked up following agreement from the site staff.
How can you help?
Check in Scotland
Check in Scotland is a way to collect the contact details of people who visit a wide range of businesses and venues in Scotland. We have therefore registered with them which allows you to scan the Bar Code on the Poster and it will automatically take you to the form required to check in. You can download a free QR Reader from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store depending on what platform you use.
The Check in Scotland Posters will be situated in various places throughout the site and it is a simple and effective way to keep track in our whereabouts in the event of an outbreak.
As the saying goes, ‘we are all in this together’, and by respecting each other and the latest guidance provided by the Government we can all stay safe and well.